Special Response Static Sticker Program
The Sioux City Police Department and Sioux City Fire and Rescue have teamed up to offer a new program to our community. This program is free of charge and available to everyone. It’s called the Special Response Static Sticker Program. We have four assorted styles of stickers that represent individuals with Autism or Special Needs, are Diabetic, Deaf, or have Alzheimer’s or Dementia. The stickers are meant to be placed in the rear windshield of a vehicle or front window of a home to let first responders know there could be a party inside who might not respond to verbal commands or may use alternative methods of communication.
Special Response Static Stickers will be available to citizens at the police department and can be attained by speaking with someone in our Record’s Department.
They are also available at area providers such as:
- Opportunities Unlimited - 3439 Glen Oaks Blvd
- Mid-Step Services - 4303 Stone Ave
- Alzheimer's Association - 1315 Zenith Drive Ste B
- Siouxland District Health Department - 1014 Nebraska St.
- Connections Area Agency on Aging - 2301 Pierce St.
- Disability Resource Center - 505 5th St. Ste 400