Free Curb-Side Pickup Parking Meters in Downtown
Downtown Partners, in partnership with the City of Sioux City, has identified 15 parking meters in Downtown Sioux City to be used for curb-side pickup at restaurants. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic resulting in the closure of all bars and dining at restaurants, businesses are adapting their services. Many restaurants are doing what they can to offer pickup and delivery options, gift card sales and merchandise offerings. Retail establishments are also offering several new online, pickup and delivery options.
Downtown Partners is crafting a variety of Small Business Relief efforts to help alleviate some of the effects of reduced foot-traffic to our locally owned businesses in Downtown Sioux City. As part of that effort, the City of Sioux City is assisting by offering free, 15-minute on-street parking outside of establishments that offer take-out/curb-side pickup to their customers, effective immediately. One parking meter located outside of the respective businesses will be identified by a white meter bag that states “Restaurant curb-side pickup only. 15-minute parking limit". Business owners are asked to report any violation of that rule to the City of Sioux City by calling (712) 279-6381.
Examples of downtown business offerings:
TAKE-OUT and DELIVERY - Chili's Grill & Bar (712) 258-0700; Brightside Cafe (712) 224-7827; Buffalo Alice (712) 255-4822; Hardline Coffee Co. (712) 899-3715; Jitters (712) 255-9211; Tacos El Guero (712) 252-9084.
TAKE OUT - Jackson Street Brewing (712) 574-8403; Marto Brewing Co. (712) 560-3397; Milwaukee Wiener House (712) 277-3449; Rebos (712) 560-4144; SoHo Kitchen & Bar (712) 258-3434; Trattoria Fresco (712) 560-3500.
GIFT CARDS - Bar Louie; Brightside Café (in store); Buffalo Alice (in store); Chili's Grill & Bar; Firehouse Bar (in store); Hardline Coffee Co.; Jackson Street Brewing (in store); Jitters (in store); Marto Brewing Co.; Table 32; The Marquee.
OTHER - Beer Can Alley is having a fundraiser by selling T-Shirts to help alleviate some of the worst effects on its employees. Vangarde Arts is selling VAP Membership Cards. And Studio 712 is offering a Portrait Club Membership for just $50.
If you are not able to visit stores and restaurants physically, there are still things you can do to support our small and local businesses:
- Shop online or via phone. Many of downtown’s retailers have online shopping available; our local and independent shops will help you get what you need via phone, social media, or other methods, if necessary.
- Purchase custom or corporate gifts from retailers who can handle orders over the phone or online.
- If you typically order wholesale products with local retailers later in the year, place your orders now.
- For restaurants, order takeout or delivery and tip the same amount as you would if you were dining in. Most downtown restaurants have delivery through online services such as Door Dash, Grub Hub, Uber Eats and others.
- If you do not need anything specific at the moment but still want to support local establishments, you may purchase buy gift cards to spend later in our various storefront businesses, restaurants and theaters. There is also downtown cash available to purchase through Downtown Partners.
- Share this information widely so others know how to help.
It’s important to take all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community. Our small businesses are the lifeblood of the Downtown Sioux City economy and we want to make sure they continue to stay successful while maintaining appropriate public health safety measures.
Downtown Partners, in cooperation with the City of Sioux City, will continue to update the public on new developments. For more information, please contact Downtown Partners at (712) 252-0014, online at downtownsiouxcity.com or follow Downtown Partners Sioux City on social media channels.