Certain Parks and Recreational Facilities to Open June 1
Sioux City Parks and Recreation will begin a phased reopening of certain facilities beginning
June 1. The reopening of the City’s parks and facilities will be conducted in accordance with state and local planning following the CDC guidelines.
Parks and Recreation facilities opening to the public on Monday, June 1 will include:
- Bacon Creek Dog Park for public and canine use.The water fountain will not be in use. Regular park hours apply.
- All public tennis courts. Regular park hours apply.
- Cook Park Skate Park. Regular park hours apply.
- Athletic League Fields can be opened for use by the Athletic Association that manages and maintains the facilities. Social distancing and other public health measures will be independently administered by the associations.
Park hours are available at www.siouxcityparksandrec.com.
The following Parks and Recreation facilities will remain closed until further notice. These facilities represent a higher risk because they lend themselves to increased physical contact and are difficult to guarantee cleanliness due to the high volume of users.
- Basketball/Futsol Courts
- Long Lines Family Recreation Center/Climbing Wall
- IBP Ice Center
- Park Shelters – No shelter reservations will be taken for the month of June.
- Cone Park Lodge – No reservations will be taken for the month of June.
- Park Playgrounds
- Park Restrooms
- Splash Pads
The staff truly appreciates citizens following the posted CDC guidelines when visiting park locations. We ask that everyone continue practicing social distancing while visiting and utilizing any public park or facility. Future announcements will be made as more facilities and programs become available.