City Pools to Open for Public Swim
Sioux City Parks and Recreation will open the three City pools (Leif Erikson, Lewis and Riverside) for public swimming beginning Monday, June 22. Staff have developed policies and procedures in consultation with Siouxland District Health to help provide a safe environment for pool users. Additional cleaning procedures will be in place. Staff will be cleaning high touched surfaces every half hour, with deep cleaning happening before and after each session. Guests are encouraged to maintain six feet of distance from others and use hand sanitizer before entering and leaving the facility.
Open Swim Hours:
Weekdays (Monday – Friday)
3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
4:00 pm. – 7:00 p.m.
Sessions will be available with a limited capacity. To allow additional guests, Parks & Rec will offer two sessions on the weekends. Guests may attend both sessions but must pay for each session they attend. Updates will be provided each hour on the Sioux City Public Pools Facebook page to monitor capacity. Pools will be closed on Saturday, July 4 for Independence Day due to limited staffing.
Other considerations for pool usage:
- No drinking fountains will be operating and water bottles from home are encouraged.
- Wearing a mask or face covering at the pool facility is highly encouraged, although not allowed while in the water due to the risk of suffocation.
- Kickboards and lifejackets will be available. A “clean” pile and “dirty” pile will indicate which pile has be sanitized since last use.
- Deck chairs will be spaced out and pool users are permitted to bring lawn chairs.
- Slide tubes (Riverside) will not be available.
- A sign in sheet must be completed when entering the facility. Information will be used by staff for contact tracing in the event a positive case is confirmed.
The aquatic season will end on August 2. Find additional information regarding City pools at www.siouxcityparksandrec.com.
Open swim availability is subject to change based on community circumstances.
Contact the Sioux City Parks & Recreation office at 279-6126 with any questions.