#1 In economic development
The nation's most affordable
5-Star quality of life metro area
World class entertainment
Colleges ranked best in Midwest
- Business is booming in Sioux City! With an unemployment rate of around 3% and many recent commercial and industrial development announcements, we are growing. Community leaders are committed to the recruitment and retention of young professionals and to engage them in the City's future. Check out the Sioux City Growth Organization, the extremely active Young Professionals group making a positive difference in Sioux City, at http://www.siouxcitygo.com. Looking for a new position in our area? Forward your resume to our Young Professionals Job Ambassador group at email@example.com to find opportunities requiring your skill set.
- 2018 Top 10 Most Livable Cities by Smart Asset
- 2018 State of Iowa ranked Best State in the Nation by U.S. News & World Report
- 2018 Healthy Hometown Community by Iowa's Healthiest State Initiative
- 2018 Safest Cities in Iowa by National Council for Home Safety & Security
- 2017 Ranked #1 in U.S. for economic development by Site Selection
- 2017 Top 10 Startup Ecosystem in Silicon Prairie News
- 2017 #4 Most Competitive City in North America for Food & Beverage by Site Selection
- 2017 Best Cities to Build a Forever Home by Goodcall
- 2016 MSA ranked #1 in Top 20 Mid-Size Cities for Year-Over-Year by Area Development
- 2016 Named SBA Community of the Year by Iowa District Office
- 2016 Received the Silver Award of Excellence in Entrepreneurship from International Economic Development Council
- 2016 Ranked #1 in U.S. for economic development by Site Selection magazine
- 2015 Metro has #1 Fastest Income Growth by 24/7 Wall St
- 2015 Ranked #4 Best Small Cities for College Grads
- 2015 Metro ranked #15 Best Place for Physicians & Surgeons by GoodCall
- Looking to start a business in Sioux City? Entrepreneurs and innovation are encouraged! There are some great ways to network with Biz Brew events, Launch Week and the annual Innovation Market and Swimming with the Sharks. Check out these websites to get connected:
- StartUp Sioux City - dedicated to sharing resources, events, news stories and more from local entrepreneurs, community leaders and city representatives for helping grow small and emerging businesses
- Sioux City Growth Organization - Young Professionals Organization in Sioux City
- Siouxland Economic Development Corporation - offers financial assistance programs and services to assist small and medium sized businesses get started or expand.
- Siouxland Business Development Council - free, confidential, and customized business counseling and development of a successful business plan.
- Small Business Assistance (SCORE) - provides free mentoring and low-cost workshops to entrepreneurs who want help starting or growing their business.
- Business Concierge - Entrepreneurs and small business owners now have access to an information specialist who can assist you in finding solutions to your most pressing questions by facilitating connections to the right people, data, and resources.
- State of Iowa Entrepreneurial Resource - free business webinars, expert advice, and searchable directory of organizations that assist Iowa businesses can all be found on IASourceLink.
- My Sioux City Jobs mysiouxcityjobs.com
- Advance Services www.advanceservices.com
- Aventure Staffing & Professional Services www.aventurestaffing.com
- Imko Workforce Solutions www.imko.com
- Iowa Workforce Development www.iowaworkforce.org
- J&L Staffing www.jleusa.com
- Jobs In Sioux City.com www.jobsinsiouxcity.com
- People Ready www.peopleready.com/
- Manpower www.manpower.com
- Sioux City Journal www.siouxcityjournal.com
|LEADING EMPLOYERS IN SIOUX CITY, IA|
|Tyson Foods Cold storage facility in Sioux City; a beef production complex in Dakota City, NE; and offices in Dakota Dunes, SD|
|Seaboard Triumph Foods|
|Mercy Medical Center|
|Sioux City Schools|
|UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's|
|City of Sioux City|
|185th Air Refueling Wing IA ANG|
|Western Iowa Tech Community College|