HELP KEEP OUR SIDEWALKS CLEAR THIS WINTER!
The City ordinance on snow/ice removal requires residents to remove ice and snow from sidewalks adjacent to their property within twelve (12) hours following a snow event. If snow or ice remains on any sidewalk for more than twenty-four (24) hours, the City may remove at the cost of the property owner.
You can help be a "snow angel" to keep our pedestrians and children safe by:
- Removing snow and ice from all sidewalks adjacent to your property, including sidewalks on the side of your home/ business if you reside on a corner lot.
- Ensure sidewalks are free of snow and ice within 12 hours of a storm event.
- If you are unable to clear your sidewalk, ask a neighbor or family member for help. Or, to find snow removal services, search the internet for snow removal services or check with your neighborhood organization.
- Offer to clear your neighbor's sidewalk if they are elderly, disabled, or simply unable to perform the task.
- If a neighbor has repeatedly failed to clear their sidewalk, please contact the City Inspections office at 224-5216.
- Review the City ordinance for more information regarding required clearing of snow/ice removal on sidewalks.