To better serve applicants and to make the application process available for all, Sioux City Housing Authority's application for the Housing Choice Voucher Program application (Section 8) is available online.
Sioux City Housing Authority uses the WaitListCheck secure portal for applicants to apply. The direct link is located above. For additional information, please review Applicant FAQ located under Important Documents.
The Sioux City Housing Authority is located on the first floor of City Hall in Room 107. The administrative office is open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
Documents to complete your application are accepted in person Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. You may submit the required documentation in person, by mail, or by fax. Please do not mail original documents.
The Sioux City Housing Authority is a public agency, established through federal and state legislation, that helps approximately 1,205 low- and moderate-income households (including families, singles, seniors and the disabled) afford safe, quality housing. SCHA administers a wide range of affordable housing programs and resources. These programs are funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Programs managed by the Sioux City Housing Authority include:
- Rental Assistance through the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8).
- Rental Assistance through the HOME Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program (TBRA).
- Security Deposit Assistance for eligible applicant and participants in the Housing Choice Voucher Program through the HOME TBRA Program.
- City Wide Security Deposit Assistance for eligible Sioux City residents through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program.
- Rental assistance for eligible homeless veterans through the HUD-VASH Program in partnership with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Support for eligible Housing Choice Voucher participants to meet their economic and educational goals through the Family Self Sufficiency Program, encouraging the acquisition of tools to achieve self-sufficiency.
The mission of the Sioux City Housing Authority is to promote adequate and affordable housing, economic opportunity and a suitable living environment free from discrimination.
The SCHA provides rental assistance only within Sioux City city limits.
The SCHA does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in, housing programs or activities.