Before Applying. . .
Review the following program guidelines to determine if you think you would qualify:
- You must be pre-approved for a loan from a local lender within ten miles of Sioux City without a co-signer.
- You and all household members must be U.S. Citizens or legal resident aliens.
- You must purchase a single-family house in Sioux City.
- You can't currently own a home (unless it is a mobile home)
- The purchase price can't exceed $128,000. (This amount will increase to $135,000 on April 15, 2019)
- The house purchased must be owner occupied or vacant for at least 90 days - no exceptions.
- You must agree to live in the house as your primary residence.
- The house you want to purchase must pass an inspection performed by our inspector.
- You can't purchase a home that is winterized, for sale "as is" or a short sale.
- You need to be able to afford a house payment (including taxes and insurance) according to our guidelines.
- Your household income (including everyone that will live in the house, not just relatives) may not exceed:
The Application. . .
If you think you meet all of the qualifications listed above, email email@example.com to get a copy of the MyPad application or print a copy of the application. You can submit your application the following ways:
- hand deliver to City Hall, 405 6th Street, Room 305
- mail to City Hall, Attn: Amy Keairns, PO Box 447, Sioux City, IA 51102
Applications are reviewed in the order received. Someone will contact you to schedule an appointment after review is completed.
If you have questions, call Amy Keairns at 712-279-6255.
Homebuyer Resources. . .
Still looking for a house? Access this comprehensive search tool of homes for sale in Sioux City, Iowa. http://www.realtor.com
Did you know you can look up information such as owner, yard size, square footage, condition, previous sales information, property tax information, assessed value, etc., on any property in Sioux City? You will even find a picture of the house and a sketch of the floor plan. http://www.woodburyiowa.com/gis-map
Are mortgage rates going up? Are they low right now? This monthly mortgage rate listing will assist you with determining if now is the right time to buy or sell. http://www.freddiemac.com/pmms/pmms30.htm
What's my credit score? The only official site explicitly directed by Federal law to provide credit reports. It's free! http://www.annualcreditreport.com