Welcome to the City of Sioux City's Engineering Division website! The City of Sioux City is committed to providing a safe and efficient transportation network for its residents and traveling public. City staff understands that road construction can have a significant impact on motorists and works hard to minimize traffic delays and congestion.
This site was created to assist our citizens and provide them with knowledge relating to City road construction projects. To gain information regarding current road construction projects, please click on project titles on the left side of this screen.
The Engineering Division is responsible for large capital improvement project management, traffic engineering, bridge inspections, grant administration, paving patch projects, asphalt resurfacing projects, curb and gutter projects, ADA Ramp compliance, reconstruction projects, Right-of-Way management including Right-of Way street closures, and GIS management of City infrastructure.
Permitting through the Engineering Division consists of Sidewalk/Driveway Installation and Replacement Permits, Over-Dimensional/Over-Weight Roadway Permits, Temporary Closure of Public Right-of-Way Permits, Site Grading Permits, Fiber and Utility Installation and Maintenance Permits.
The City is currently using (SUDAS) Iowa Statewide Urban Design and Specifications Standards and the approved City of Sioux City 2015 City Supplement.
- Consultants Qualifications Based Selection - Solicitation Letter
- Erosion Control Ordinance
- Fiber & Utility Installation & Maintenance Permit Application Form
- Grading Permit Application with Checklist
- Low Pressure Sewers Policy
- Oversize / Overweight Permit Application Form - Annual 01.03.2017
- Oversize / Overweight Permit Application Form - Single Trip 01.03.2017
- Temporary Closure of Public ROW Permit Application Form
- Sidewalk and Driveway Permit Application