The Citizen's Convenience Center (CCC) is located at the City's closed landfill. The CCC accepts most items that are either not accepted curbside or too large for disposal in your residential garbage container.
Address: 5800 28th Street, Sioux City, IA 51108(in Google Maps), 130th St, Sioux City, IA (Apple Maps)
Phone: (712) 255-8345
***Please note that there is only 1 person working and may not answer the phone immediately if they are helping customers. You may leave a voicemail with your name and phone # and your call will be returned.
All loads that arrive at the CCC should be secured and covered. Uncovered loads are subject to a $10 surcharge as outlined in Municipal Code Chapter 5.20.130
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (year-round)
Summer hours effective April 15 - November 14
Saturday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Due to recent events the CCC will be closed on Sunday until further notice, this site will be updated when this is able to change. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Winter hours effective November 15 - April 14
Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Accepted at the Citizen's Convenience Center
- Leaves & grass clippings - free drop-off for residents. Do not bag! There is a charge on disposal for businesses.
- Tree limbs/brush - $15 for a truckload, $30 per ton
- Tires - no rim-$4, rim on-$14 (Maximum of four tires) If over four tires call 712-255-8345 and ask for Jackson Landfill Information and hours for disposal. Commercial/Construction vehicle tires are an additional fee.
- Bulky items - furniture, lawn furniture, mattresses; $45/ton ($21 minimum)
- Construction debris - carpet, lumber, insulation, shingles, tile cabinetry, etc.; $45/ton ($21 minimum), Construction debris is not accepted from Contractors performing for-hire work. Contact Jackson Landfill for this service.
- Electronics (TVs, stereos, computer monitors/towers, laptops, tablets, etc.) - Fee Varies, call 255-8345
- Fluorescent Bulbs - compact fluorescent bulbs and 4ft. tubes $0.50, 8 ft. tubes $1.00
- Metal - scrap metal, bicycles, lawn mowers, etc.; fee varies
- Appliances - refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, microwaves, stoves, washer/dryers; $10
- Glass Drop Off- all separated food and beverage glass with labels accepted. NO mirrors, light bulbs or TVs!
- Chemicals - paint, oil, auto products, lawn chemicals, etc.; free for residents by appointment only. See the Household Hazardous Materials page for more information.
Check Household Hazardous Materials tab at left for more information.
COMPOST: Leaves & grass clippings must be removed from bags when brought to the compost area. Do not leave plastic bags in the compost area.