The Citizen's Convenience Center (CCC) provides citizens with a drop-off location for items that are either not accepted curbside or are too large for disposal in your residential garbage container.
Address: 5800 28th Street, Sioux City, IA 51106
Phone: (712) 255-8345
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (year-round)
Summer hours effective April 15 - November 14
Saturday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Winter hours effective November 15 - April 14
Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Accepted at the Citizen's Convenience Center
- Leaves & grass clippings - free drop-off for residents; there is a charge for commercial lawn care disposal
- Tree limbs/brush - $15 for a truckload, $30 per ton
- Tires - no rim-$4, rim on-$6
- Bulky items - furniture, lawn furniture, mattresses; $45/ton ($21 minimum)
- Construction debris - carpet, lumber, insulation, shingles, tile cabinetry, etc.; $45/ton ($21 minimum)
- Electronics (TVs, stereos, computer monitors/towers, laptops, tablets, etc.) - $0.30/lb.
- Fluorescent Bulbs - compact fluorescent bulbs and 4ft. tubes $0.50, 8 ft. tubes $1.00
- Metal - scrap metal, bicycles, lawn mowers, etc.; fee varies
- Appliances - refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, microwaves, stoves, washer/dryers; $10
- Glass Drop Off- all separated food and beverage glass with labels accepted. NO mirrors, light bulbs or TVs!
- Chemicals - paint, oil, auto products, lawn chemicals, etc.; free for residents by appointment only. See the Household Hazardous Materials page for more information.
Check Household Hazardous Materials tab at left for more information.
COMPOST: Leaves & grass clippings must be removed from bags when brought to the compost area. Do not leave plastic bags in the compost area.