The Citizen's Convenience Center (CCC) is located at the City's closed landfill. The CCC accepts most items that are either not accepted curbside or too large for disposal in your residential garbage container.
Address: 5800 28th Street, Sioux City, IA 51106
Phone: (712) 255-8345
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (year-round)
Summer hours effective April 15 - November 14
Saturday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Winter hours effective November 15 - April 14
Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Accepted at the Citizen's Convenience Center
- Leaves & grass clippings - free drop-off for residents. Do not bag! There is a charge on disposal for businesses.
- Tree limbs/brush - $15 for a truckload, $30 per ton
- Tires - no rim-$4, rim on-$6
- Bulky items - furniture, lawn furniture, mattresses; $45/ton ($21 minimum)
- Construction debris - carpet, lumber, insulation, shingles, tile cabinetry, etc.; $45/ton ($21 minimum)
- Electronics (TVs, stereos, computer monitors/towers, laptops, tablets, etc.) - Fee Varies, call 255-8345
- Fluorescent Bulbs - compact fluorescent bulbs and 4ft. tubes $0.50, 8 ft. tubes $1.00
- Metal - scrap metal, bicycles, lawn mowers, etc.; fee varies
- Appliances - refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, microwaves, stoves, washer/dryers; $10
- Glass Drop Off- all separated food and beverage glass with labels accepted. NO mirrors, light bulbs or TVs!
- Chemicals - paint, oil, auto products, lawn chemicals, etc.; free for residents by appointment only. See the Household Hazardous Materials page for more information.
Check Household Hazardous Materials tab at left for more information.
COMPOST: Leaves & grass clippings must be removed from bags when brought to the compost area. Do not leave plastic bags in the compost area.