- overtime parking
- time limits
- no parking restrictions
- bus stops
- loading zones
- reserved handicap stalls
Parking enforcement provides enforcement of parking ordinances in the central business district (downtown) and selected outlaying areas. Sioux City is currently using an automated parking citation-issuance system which consists of portable handheld computers along with host software installed on a PC system. Hours of enforcement are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- $10 for overtime in a parking meter stall
- $10 for overtime in timed zones
- $10 for overtime in loading zones
- $35 for no parking restrictions (ie. parked in an alley, fire lane, bus stop, reserved stall, double parked, etc.)
- $35 for restricted zones
- $200 for handicapped space no permit
After 30 days, the fine cost increases to $15 and $40. Other penalties include vehicle immobilization and vehicle impoundment. These penalties are invoked if a driver has more than three tickets which are 30 days delinquent. A warrant to arrest may be issued or renewal of vehicle registration may be denied for failure to pay fines.
Persons with Disabilities Parking
The use of a disabilities parking permit is allowed in designated parking stalls if displayed as a removable windshield sign or on a vehicle as a plate or sticker when being used by a person with a disability, either as an operator or passenger.
According to the State of Iowa Code Chapter 321L, improper use of a disabilities parking permit is a misdemeanor and a fine will be issued. Examples include:
- not displaying the parking permit
- operator using a permit that has not been issued to him/her or the passenger in the vehicle
- Enforce parking ordinances
- Assist citizens with directions, information, and problems
- Report traffic signal and pedestrian light malfunctions
- Report parking meter malfunctions