The Pretreatment Department sets forth uniform requirements for Users of the POTW for the City and enables the City to comply with all applicable State and Federal laws, including the Clean Water Act and the Federal General Pretreatment Regulations (Title 40 of the CFR Part 403).
General duties of the Pretreatment Department include, but are not limited to:
- The prevention of pollutants into the POTW and the stormwater system that will interfere with its operation.
- The prevention of pollutants into the POTW and the stormwater system that will pass through the POTW and stormwater system, inadequately treated, into receiving waters, or otherwise be incompatible with the POTW and stormwater system.
- To protect both POTW and stormwater system personnel who may be affected by wastewater and sludge and stormwater in the course of their employment and the general public.
- To promote reuse and recycling of industrial wastewater and sludge from the POTW.
- To enable the City to comply with its NPDES permit conditions, sludge use and disposal requirements, and any other Federal or State laws to which the POTW and stormwater system is subject.
To report an odor, please click on the following link or contact us directly by calling 202-3160 at any time.
Frequently Used Forms:
- Application for Industrial User Permit
- Pretreatment Chain of Custody Form
- Self Monitoring Template for Industries
- Slug Control Plan Template